Hello WordPress family,
This is the first time I am posting something like this. It’s a book review, no wait, not exactly a review, but a recommendation. A few days back, I started reading “Life’s Amazing Secrets by Gaur Gopal Das”, and trust me, no book has inspired me to this extent before (The Secret by Rhonda Byrne ranks second). In such tough times when everyone is stuck in their house, feeling mentally exhausted, your mind calls for some daily dose of positivity.
In every page of the book, like literally, there is a stimulation of positivity and motivation. From every instance recited by Gaur Gopal Das, we learn something, and if we imply that ‘something’ in our lives, problems will look much smaller, mind much more stress-free, and we will start sensing an abundance of love and gratefulness in our life.
In this book, Gaur Gopal talks about 4 wheels of life that keep it going: Personal Life, Relationships, Work Life, and Social Contribution. He talks about every wheel in-depth and narrates instances which unfolds words of wisdom.
I have jotted down some of my favourite excerpts from the novel which I am going to share with you all, although in every page there is something to absorb, these are my most favourite ones which made me reassess my principles of life:
- When we comfort someone, it is important we bring positive non-judgemental energy into conversations.
- Behind every smile, people are going through struggles we know nothing about.
- When negativity consumes the mind, not only do we lose the vision to see beautiful things around us, but also the ability to solve the problems that confront us.
- Gratitude is not merely an emotion, it is a way of life which can be learnt and practised.
- Do we have a problem in life? No? Then why worry? Yes? Can we do something about it? No? Then why worry?
- Anyone can find dirt in someone, be the one that finds gold.
- Learning the art of appreciation is vital for building healthy relationships.
- Hotheads do not give good feedback, choose a better time.
- If we need to give corrective feedback, we should invest tonnes of praise and trust into a person before doing so.
- While forgiving, look beyond the situation, separate the person from the episode and think of higher purposes of forgiving.
- To find your purpose in life, you must go on a journey of self-discovery.
- Understanding our purpose takes patience and dedication.
- Foundation of growth is understanding who you are.
- You can only compete with yourself if you have a clear idea about your potential, your capacities and your limitations.
- If you do what you love, you will never have to work a day in your life.
- We can only give to others what we possess.
- A good character has to do with our actions, not words.
- Enjoy your life like an ice-cream before it melts!
I highly recommend everyone to get this book, it will surely leave a positive impact at the forefront of your thoughts!